Contact Lens Tips During COVID 19
Are you a contact lens wearer? There is currently no evidence to suggest that there is any increased risk of infection or contracting coronavirus through contact lens wear. Remember to follow strict hygiene measures such as:
- Thorough handwashing before handling your lenses.
- Disinfecting your contact lens case. After inserting your lenses, wash your case out with warm, soapy water and leave the caps off to dry. Replace contact lens cases when replacing your contact lens solution.
- Practicing optimal wear and care procedures. These include replacing your lenses as prescribed and avoiding lens wear if you are unwell (in particular with any cold or flu-like symptoms).
Avoid touching your eyes, especially in high risk environments, and remember to ask yourself these three questions each time you wear your lenses:
- Do my eyes feel good with my lenses? There should be no discomfort.
- Do my eyes look good? There should be no redness.
- Do I see well? There should be no unusual blurring with either eye.
Be well, be safe and know that Dr. Bekah is here for questions or concerns. Also, if you are running low on your contact lenses, you can order them directly from our website. Hooray!